Be-Mobile is a European market leader in Smart Mobility Solutions, headquartered in Ghent (Melle). We develop and sell technological solutions for electronic toll collection, multi-modal route planning and electronic fare collection. We also offer advanced solutions to measure and manage the traffic flows to put travelers, cities, road authorities, parking operators and logistic companies in control over their mobility processes. Important Business 2 Consumer (B2C) products are: 4411, Truckmeister and Flitsmeister.
To strengthen our team, 4411 is looking for a backend developer who is interested in working in a cutting-edge, socially engaged environment.
As a backend developer you co-develop our 4411 product, which is live in over 200 cities and municipalities in the Netherlands and Belgium. The 4411 backend is doing millions of transactions and is working with all kinds of 3rd party integrations and highly used apps. Developing for payments and transactions is a very challenging topic and we promise you will learn a lot!
The backend technology of 4411 is aligned with Be-Mobile’s corporate technologies and quality standards. As a passionate backend developer, your main responsibilities include:
- Making a functional analysis of components that need to be implemented, determining their scope and technical designs.
- Research, develop, implement, unit-test and maintain new software code that will be used to build further on our 4411 product.
- Work closely with the Project / Product Managers to provide delivery according to schedule.
- Work independently but also agile (Scrum) in team during the build and implementation in streamlined development phases.
- Get to know the current code stack and come up with solutions to de-couple it and re-write it into a Micro Services Architecture for easy maintainability.
You are familiar with cutting edge technologies and up-to-date with the latest trends and emerging new backend developments. Moreover, you’re confident and excited about learning new technological approaches!
We are looking for the following skillset:
- You have hands-on experience and good knowledge of common languages such as .NET, Java, Python, PHP,…
- As we use Go (see golang) throughout our entire stack, experience is seen as a plus.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and Git is important.
- You are eager to work with interesting technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Redis and/or Kafka.
- Knowledge of Protocols/Languages such as REST, gRPC, ProtoBuf, GraphQL and WebSockets are a plus.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- Team players who share their knowledge and experience flourish in the 4411 team.
- You are a pragmatic problem solver and a goal getter.
- You like to solve hard issues with a right balance between an analytical and pragmatic approach.
- You work precise due to strict SLA requirements.
- You feel responsible for delivering and fixing together.
- Always searching how code can be written in a low coupling and readable way by using known software patterns.
Don’t let new things scare you off, if you have the right learning attitude, we’d love to welcome you!
As a fast-growing tech company, we indulge in cutting-edge technologies and we invest in durable and interesting careers where we map your professional growth on the opportunities within Be-Mobile.
You’ll feel at home if you share values like integrity and open feedback.
Our young, trustworthy and passionate teamplayers are curious to get to know you! Are you as well?
We provide a very interesting total remuneration package, flexible working hours and healthy team initiatives, which we will explain during the selection process.
If you recognize yourself in this role and would like to flourish in the 4411 Team, we are happy to hear from you!